EPX Education and Research Light
This is the free EPX version for academics, accessible through direct download.
It is available for sequential or parallel simulations, but is limited to test and evaluation, with a maximum number of 20 000 structural elements and 200 000 fluid elements.
Current version is EPX 2016.0 (built on October, 15th, 2015)
The versions available for download are listed below with their characteristics.
Please note that :
- anytime it is available (Linux ), the open-source OpenMPI implementation for MPI calculations is preferred,
- for Windows OS, the Intel MPI implementation appears as both the most flexible and robust choice to date ; the free run-time library can be obtained here,
- the Cygwin implementation for Windows OS requires Cygwin to be installed and then offers an execution framework close to Unix-like OS (Linux and Mac OS X),
- OpenGL support for Windows OS is only available for classical DOS prompt execution environment,
- current experimental KAAPI support is restricted to KAAPI versions <= 2.x
Please also quote that the complete technical perimeter of EPX (given by the User's Manual) is only functional with the standard sequential versions of the program. The MPI implementations are as generic as possible but can fail on unusual options ; they come therefore with their own set of tests, identified as bm_mpi*.epx in the test directory. Both standard and MPI implementations can work with the same license.
|Operating System||MPI Library||KAAPI support||MPI + KAAPI||MEDFile support||OpenGL support|
|Linux x64||OpenMPI (>= 1.10.0)||No-OK||OK||OK||No-OK|
|Mac OS X||OpenMPI (>= 1.8.2)||OK||OK||No-OK||No-OK|
|Windows x64 (Cygwin)||Intel MPI||No-OK||No-OK||OK||No-OK|
|Windows x64 (DOS prompt)||Intel MPI||No-OK||No-OK||OK||OK|